Open enrollment for 2018 health insurance coverage is right around the corner. The enrollment dates are November 1, 2017, through to December 15, 2017. All health insurance coverage, decisions, and selections you make during the open enrollment period will be valid beginning January 1, 2018.
Before open enrollment begins on November 1, 2017, there are some things you will want to gather before you speak with a qualified agent. Your agent will need to know who will be covered under your plan and the type of insurance required.
Below is a comprehensive list of the items you will need in order to make a sound and educated decision on your health care coverage.
If you already are covered then it’s very easy. You just need to advise your agent if any of the items below have changed over the past year.
Pre-Open Enrollment Checklist:
- Household size: Make a list of the people in your household that will be needing health insurance during 2018
- Current mailing address for everyone who is applying for coverage
- Birth dates for all household members
- Social security numbers for everyone who will be getting coverage
- Information about how you file your taxes
- Estimate of what your household income will be for 2018
- A list of any major life changes for each member of your household getting coverage such as Marriage, Income, Moving, Births, Divorce, etc.
After you have gathered all of the information listed above, call a health insurance agent who is well versed in the Affordable Care Act and understands the laws that surround it. If you do not have an agent and need help in making the best healthcare coverage decisions for you and your family, I am here to help! Schedule your FREE consultation by calling: (813) 391-3448